Based in Lowell, MA USA
22 August, 2023
Mercury Fallen is a solo developed sci-fi colony management with a focus on expansion and exploration. Dig out the underground and explore the surface of an alien world as you rebuild your facility, grow your colony, manage colonists and robots and discover the mysteries of a new home light years from Earth. Mercury Fallen is a simulation game which focuses on building, crafting and exploration. The choices you make will decide the fate of your colony.
Tim Pelham began development on Mercury Fallen in early 2016, under the codename Cryopod. The initial design scope for the project was small, but after several prototypes, the focus of the game shifted towards colony management and exploration. What started as a side project took on a life of its own by late 2016. In early 2017, the project was renamed Mercury Fallen. It was released on Itch.IO as a free prototype demo on April 7, 2017. Paid early access was released the following month, and Mercury Fallen quickly saw more than 10,000 downloads on the Itch.IO platform. The game was released on Steam in Early Access on October 16, 2017. Development continued over the course of 6 years with many new features added. The game officially released out of Early Access on August 22, 2023.
- Manage colonists’ injuries, ailments, jobs, quirks and needs.
- Refine materials at various stations in order to design and create facility rooms, machines and decorations.
- Grow various terrestrial and alien crops for material and meal production.
- Research technology to unlock new structures, recipes, crops and more.
- Construct vehicles and explore the planet surface in search of new resources, discoveries and lore.
- Uncover additional colonists, robots and discoveries hidden in collapsed sections of the Mercury Facility.
- Build and manage power and water resources.
- Customize your colonists name and outfit colors.
- Grow clones and assemble robots to expand your facility population.
- Take advantage of procedural generation, so that each new game is a new experience.
Logo & Icon
- "Mercury Fallen is the game you need to own!"
- Benjamin, BWIZ ACTU
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Follow development news and release info mercuryfallen.com.
Request a review copy keymailer.co.
Join The Community discord.gg.
About Nitrous Butterfly
Nitrous Butterfly is an independent entertainment software and technology company based in Lowell, Massachusetts. Since it's creation in 2003 the company has released several PC video game titles and several developer content packs. The company's goal is to provide fun and engaging PC video game titles, as well as graphics and programming to help other independent developers.
More information on Nitrous Butterfly, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Mercury Fallen Credits